Asana is a great task management platform I use to manage my tasks and my clients.
Mail tends to get bloated and overwhelming.
How can I get Asana to help me with email / task management?
Combine Contact form 7 and Asana!
- Website with CF7
- Asana account and project
Preperation time: 5 minutes
- Create a project with Asana
- In Asana, look for “Add tasks by email” in the project dropdown
- Copy the email address, for example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a CF7 form
- The “TO:” field add the email address from part 3
- The “From” field should be the one associated with your Asana account (!important)
It’s important to check that emails sent from your server are using your actual email account and not the server’s. Add an SMTP plugin to solve this.
- Fill the form and submit
- Check that you have received a new taks
- Your’e done!
These are the values that are passed to Asana:
Email >> Task in My Tasks
CCed email recipients >> Task followers
Email subject >> Task name
Email body >> Task description
Email attachments >> Task attachments
More info in Asana’s guide
There is a plugin (hasn’t been updated in over 2 years)
Now you can test your form and see if the leads are sent to Asana.
Happy email tracking!