Keeping a great reputation for your business is super important with so much competition going on. How do keep your online business reputation aligned with how your business is performing?
One of the best tools for keeping good reputation for your business is done with getting great reviews from your customers. These reviews will be read by other potential customers who will then have a greater chance of contacting you and getting business done.
The first step towards generating reviews for your business is setting up a Google My Business (GMB) page will be a home for all the reviews you will receive.
Here are the 8 most important tips for managing reviews for your business:
- Get at least 10 reviews. Users will typically need 10 reviews to make a decision. Businesses in Google’s top 10 results have an average of 39 reviews
- Ask customers to write a review. 76% of them will leave a review if you ask them. Younger customers are more likely to leave a review.
- Make it a part of the process of serving customers. It’s a job for all your staff on the team to ask customers for reviews. The more your team will be engaged, the more reviews you will generate.
- Recency or ‘freshness’ of reviews is critical. 84% of customers think that reviews older than 3 months are no longer relevant, wouldn’t you?
- Asking for reviews improves your star rating. Unprompted reviews (those reviews that customers leave even without being asked) have an average of 3.8 stars avg., prompter reviews have a 4.3 stars avg. Customers are more likely to leave bad reviews (it’s human nature…), but if asked, customers will leave good reviews. 53% of consumers will not use a business with less then 4 stars.
- Use mobile, newsletters and emails to get reviews. 56% of reviews are posted from mobile. Read more here
- Responding to reviews is very important. 97% of consumers read responses to reviews. 71% of consumers are more likely to use a business that responds to reviews.
Do you need help setting up a Google My Business page and start getting review? I can help you out with that! Get in touch
Date taken from the “Local consumer review survey“, BrightLocal